Last Revision Date: March 1, 2021
Please note: Our online services are NOT intended for children under the age of 13 and it is NOT the practice or the desire of First Northern Bank to knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. We respect the privacy of children and comply with the practices established under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about COPPA, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information as described below that will allow us to identify you.
COLLECTING AND USING INFORMATION
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The categories of uses include:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to allow you to apply for products or services (e.g., to prequalify for a mortgage, apply for a credit card, or to open a retirement account, investment account or other financial product) and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- to allow you to utilize features within our Sites by granting us access to information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE OTHER INFORMATION
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Through your mobile app: We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
- You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to our interests and needs.
- Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Site. Please see our Advertising section below for more information regarding our use of other technologies.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the Site. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products
First Northern Bank advertises online (e.g., pages within our Sites and mobile apps through bank managed social media presences, and on other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with First Northern Bank) and offline (e.g. in banking centers, through call centers, and direct marketing). In order to understand how advertising performs, we may collect certain information on our Sites and other sites and mobile apps through our advertising service providers using cookies, IP addresses, and other technologies. The collected information may include the number of page visits, pages viewed on our Sites, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other sites following your visit to one of our Sites or apps, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Sites and on sites and apps where we advertise.
First Northern Bank uses information described in this Notice to help advertise our products and services, including prescreened offers of credit, in a variety of ways. We use such information to:
- Present tailored ads, to you including: o Banner ads and splash ads that appear as you sign on or off of your online accounts on our Sites, within mobile banking and other mobility applications o E-mail, postal mail, and telemarketing, and, o On other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with First Northern Bank;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our ads; and
- Determine whether you might be interested in new products or services
WEB BROWSER SETTINGS AND TRACKING
You may have the ability to activate web browser tracking settings or other mechanisms that give you the option to control the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Our response to these settings and mechanisms will depend on the setting and mechanism and the impact on our collection and tracking practices. At this time, our website only tracks your activities while on our website and, unless you request or register with us for a service, we do not collect any personally identifiable information about you. The tracking is facilitated using “cookies” that we place on your computer. In addition to the cookies reference above, we may also place locally stored objects on your computer, used for information security and authentication purposes. These types of cookies will not be deleted when you clear cookies from your browser. For more information on user settings and removal capabilities of these locally-stored objects, refer to Adobe. If you choose not to accept cookies or remove locally stored cookies, some features and services on our website may not be available to you.
When you use our website or online service, third parties acting on our behalf may collect the personally identifiable information and website activity identified above. This may include the personally identifiable information collected when you register with us for a service. Depending on the third-party websites you visit, as well as any preferences and authorizations you have provided to others, your activity on our website and across other websites, including personally identifiable information you provide, may be tracked and collected by third parties. Also, third parties may offer services on our website from time to time. If you access their websites or provide them with information, these third parties may track your activity across websites and collect your personally identifiable information, all subject to the third party’s privacy and security practices.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit nonpublic personal information to us, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect nonpublic personal information, that information is handled by us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the top of your web browser or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees and those who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to nonpublic personal information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
MAINTENANCE OF ACCURATE INFORMATION
We have implemented procedures to help ensure that your nonpublic personal information is maintained in a commercially reasonable manner so that it is accurate, current, and complete. We respond to reports of incorrect or incomplete nonpublic personal information that is within our control and will correct the information when we have confirmed that it is inaccurate, in a timely manner.
CHANGING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- You may change your email address for online banking by logging onto Online Banking.
- You may change your email address for bill pay by logging onto Online Banking Bill Pay.
- You may change any other information by contacting us directly at (877) 362-6000.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
DISCLOSURE OF PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
First Northern Bank
P.O. Box 547
Dixon, CA 94620