Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
A fixed term savings tool with a tiered interest rate structure offering higher rates for longer terms and larger deposits. Interest can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually or at maturity; it can be added to the CD, transferred to a checking or savings account , or paid via cashiers check.
- Wide range of opening deposits and terms
- Fixed rate of return
- Higher rates than savings accounts
- Higher rates for longer terms and larger deposit
- Early withdrawal penalty may apply
- First Northern Bank offers:
- Automatic Renewable Certificates - The certificates are automatically renewed at the interest rate in effect at the time of maturity.
Looking for safety and CD-level rates for your large deposits? Find out why thousands of safety-conscious investors choose CDARS, the easiest way to access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance through our bank. (Limits apply.)
First Northern Bank can place your funds with multiple FDIC-insured institutions through the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®. You work with us; we'll take care of the rest.
- Full FDIC insurance
- Manage multiple accounts easily
- One bank, one rate, one statement
- Terms from 4 weeks to 3 years
- No fees
- No collateralization
CDARS is great for individuals, non-profits, public funds, advisors, businesses, and socially motivated investors.
CDARS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.