Protect your account from unauthorized transactions — and simplify your monthly reconciliation. Check Positive Pay and ACH Positive Pay from First Northern Bank keep your payments secure by monitoring checks and debits for potential fraud. Take control of business payments today with our positive pay services.
- Effective anti-fraud tool
- Reduce exposure to check and ACH fraud
- Gain peace of mind knowing your payments are protected
- Stop loss of funds
- Block unauthorized checks and debits from posting to your account
- How Does It Work?
Check Positive Pay
- At the end of each business day, your company electronically submits an issued check file to the secure website.
- Each night after posting the incoming checks, First Northern Bank compares the checks against your issued check file.
- If a check is found that does not match the issued check information or has already been marked as "paid," it will be listed on an "exception report."
We will notify you via email that you have an exception item to review. Let us know if any of these items are fraudulent or inaccurate, and we will quickly correct or return the checks to the bank of first deposit.
ACH Positive Pay
- For ACH debits and credits, your business creates and manages an approved vendor list.
- If an ACH transaction received is not on the approved vendor list, First Northern Bank will notify you in the form of an email.
- Upon receipt of the email, simply log in to ACH Positive Pay to accept or reject the item.
Interested? Reach out to us to learn more.